(December 14, 1959 - living) U.S.A.
Professional model and bodybuilder
Bob Paris, born in Indiana, went from being a homeless teenager to World Champion, becoming one of the most respected, celebrated and photographed athletes in the history of bodybuilding. He is an actor, writer and gay activist. He won the 1983 Mr. America and Mr. Universe competitions.
Bob and model Rod Jackson (Mr. America) began a ten-year relationship in 1984, and they had a marriage ceremony, becoming Bob and Rod Jackson-Paris. In June 1989, Paris came out publicly in an interview in the July issue of the muscle magazine Ironman
In 1994, their joint autobiography, Straight from the Heart, was published. Also published that year was Bob & Rod, a coffee-table book of photographs of the duo by Tom Bianchi. Not long after, Bob and Rod separated; their relationship ended a year later, although not officially announced until July, 1996.
In 1997, Bob Paris' solo autobiography, Gorilla Suit: My Adventures in Bodybuilding, was published.
- Straight from the Heart
- Generation Queer: a gay man's quest for hope, love and justice
- Natural Fitness, Duo, Prime: The complete guide to being fit, looking good,feeling great
- Flawless: The ten-week total-image method for transforming
- your physique
- Gorilla Suit: my adventures in bodybuilding
- Jubilee (1998, as Mowgli)